Seasonal Nursery Workers – Christchurch
We’re all about growing incredible, strong plants. Will you join us?
At Zealandia Horticulture we take great pride in our quality plants, sustainability practices, and our incredibly diverse and inclusive workforce.
We’re looking for Nursery workers to help with our Seasonal increase in workload across August to January. We have Casual and Fixed Term positions available in the following areas. Full training is provided.
- Order Pickers
- Nursery Workers
All positions require:
- A positive, energetic attitude towards work
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a team
- Be prepared to be standing or moving for most of your shifts
- Attention to detail, quality checking with a focus on efficiency
- Ability to work 6am and 7.30am starts including weekend work
- Own transport to get to work
- Able to work through parts of the December Christmas and New Year period
What we offer in return:
- Opportunities for ongoing employment
- Great people and a strong team culture
- Competitive hourly rates
- Work for a sustainability conscious industry leader in a modern facility
Some information on these roles:
- Transplanters: this role transfers seedlings from plug trays on the transplanting line into punnets. Working as part of a team is critical for the success of this role as well as being comfortable to stand for periods of time. Opportunity to earn higher than your hourly rate based on quality and efficiency of work.
Hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4pm. For 12 weeks approximately mid-August through to mid-October the hours change to 6am – 4pm.
- Order Pickers: this role involves collecting and picking orders across various locations in the Nursery and preparing for dispatch. You will drive carts and load trays onto racks with accuracy and quality in mind. Opportunity to earn higher than your hourly rate based on quality and efficiency of work. These roles are Sunday to Friday 7.30am – 4pm and change to 6am – 4pm from mid-August through to mid-December.
- Nursery Workers: these positions will include roles in different parts of the Nursery such as transplanting, grafting, shifting and spacing of plants. This role is physical and involves standing, bending, lifting up to 5kg and reaching overhead.
Hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4pm with additional hours on request
Zealandia Horticulture is a veteran of 80+ years in New Zealand horticulture with 5 sites spread around the country. We are continuously improving all we do and embrace the best technology from around the world and take great pride in our quality plants, sustainability practices and our diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please apply directly on the Zealandia website www.zealandia.co.nz and select “Seasonal Nursery Workers”
If you have any questions, please contact Catherine on 027 243 3566